Fall is in full force with Halloween right around the corner. I have scoured Pinterest to find some cheap (and even free) fall activities to do with your toddler. It is so fun to encourage Gemma to be creative and I can not wait to attempt some of these with her!
Before we get into all the awesome activities I wanted to let you know about my newest discovery… WINDOW CLINGS. Seriously, Gemma LOVES are Halloween window clings and gets so excited when I pull them out. They entertain her for awhile. They are a cute and inexpensive product that I see myself repeating in the years to come! Check out some Halloween window clings HERE.
I can not wait to begin implementing sensory bins with my toddler and my baby!! I do not know why I had never even heard of them. Basically, you put a bunch of things with different colors, textures and shapes into a bin and let your toddler play with it! You can include tongs or measuring cups as well. It seems like such a blast and these five sensory bins look like so much fun.
- A Bright Eye-Filled Spaghetti Sensory Bin by Simply Everyday Mom
- A Monster Soup Sensory Bin by Productive Pete
- Leaves and Acorns Fine Motor Skills Bin by Mommy Evolution
- Fall Leaves Soup by And Next Comes L
- Popcorn Kernel Sensory Play also by And Next Comes L on CBC
Paper Plate Crafts
I mean, who doesn’t remember how much you can do with a paper plate? I think I might invest in a big bag of paper plates and keep them in a craft drawer to pull out for every single holiday. Then, I could have a year’s worth of toddler fall activities. Here are some of my favorites that I’ve found and would love to attempt with Gemma next year!
6. Jack-o-Lantern by Glued To My Crafts
7. A Witch by Arty Crafty Kids
8. Candy Corn Figures by Kid’s Crafts
9. A Bat by ABCs of Literacy
10. A Ghost by Clean and Scentsible
WATCH: A Fall Toddler Activity from the Target Dollar Spot
Don’t forget to Like and Subscribe!
Foot Print Art
Footprints are a classic craft for little kids. These are the cutest Halloween characters I could find to make with footprints.
11. Frankenstein by Frogs Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
12. Mummies by Crafty Morning
13. Witches also by Crafty Morning
14. Ghosts also by Crafty Morning (I couldn’t help myself!!)
15. Candy Corn by Chicken Scratch NY
Fun with Pumpkins
What better way to celebrate Halloween than with Pumpkins! Here are some ways to play with and decorate pumpkins with Toddlers.
16. Paint Them by Glued to My Crafts
17. Wash Them by Busy Toddler
18. Washi Tape by The Educator’s Spin On It
19. Googly Eyes by Tot Schooling
20. Hammering by Living Montessori Now
Don’t forget: if you want monthly, truth-filled encouragement then sign up for my emails! Sign up is in the sidebar or below this post!
Tale of Two Smiths is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.